Standard Track Configuration – Qualifying Format
There will be no unofficial practice’s allowed Friday prior to event!!
We do not allow any light up decorations on go-karts, but people are encouraged to be creative in there pit area!
Timing for the Friday Night Race:
Gates Open 3:30 pm
Registration Opens 4:30 pm
Drivers Meeting 5:30 pm
Practice 5:45 pm (1 session per class)
Qualifying 6:45 pm
Novice (Track clean up after Races)
Jr. Heavy (Track Setup)
Top 5 in the final go to Tech
Let’s help each other by reminding your fellow racers to make sure they go to tech.
Note: Regarding Spec Fuel Change
Please note that for this weeks race and for the balance of the season we are reverting back to the spec fuel station as stated in rule 21.9 of the 2022 Rule Book.
The station is the ESSO station located at 1129 Hwy 5, Dundas, ON, L9H 5E2.
As a reminder:
– The fuel has to be 91 Octane
– Your race fuel is to be purchased on the morning of the race, not the night before.
– Ensure that you purge the line of any fuel left over from the last customer, to ensure you have the right fuel (recommend purging at least 2 litres).
– Always make sure your gas tank is clean to avoid contamination.
Race Day Sponsor: Expressway Trucks
We will be holding a 50/50 Draw so please bring some extra money for this draw.
Tickets will be available at registration, as well though out the evening,
Final draw for 50/50 & other amazing prizes donated from Expressway Trucks will be held during Trophies presentation. You will have to be present to be awarded any prizes
Tonight’s race is sponsored by Expressway Trucks. Expressway Trucks is Southwestern Ontario’s leading truck sales and service provider with locations in Ayr (Waterloo), London, Windsor & Owen Sound, If you are looking for the ultimate truck, come see the truck experts at Expressway Trucks. We give you the complete package of sales and service with our trained parts and sales staff and factory trained technicians. We have a large selection of trucks available and we can also custom fit you into a new Volvo or Hino truck. Complete leasing and financing services are available.
Expressway Trucks Waterloo is an authorized full-line Volvo and Hino trucks dealership. We offer Volvo and Hino sales, parts and service. We are also a Di-Mond trailer dealer. All of our locations specialize in the service and repair of all makes of medium duty trucks, heavy duty trucks, and trailers.
Overview of Expressway Trucks Waterloo:
- Authorized Volvo & Hino Dealer
- Authorized Di-Mond Trailers Dealer
- Sales Department – New & Used Truck Sales
- Express Lease Full Service Leasing & Rentals
- Vanguard Trailer Parts & All Makes Trailer Parts
- Trailer Repairs
- 24 Mechanical Bays
- State of the Art Diagnostic Equipment and Specialty Tools
- Full Body Shop & Driveline Centre
- Alignment Equipment
- MTO Safety Facility
- Emissions Testing
- Quick Lube
- Parts Department & Parts Showroom
- Parts Delivery (including Saturdays)
- Two Other Hino Dealers & All-Make Repair Facilities to Serve You in London & Windsor
To learn more about Expressway Trucks and what we can offer you, please contact us at:
2943 Cedar Creek Road
Email: [email protected]
The WRKC is thankful to have Expressway Trucks as a Race Day Sponsor.
Make sure to complete your waiver before coming to the track!
Waivers must be completed electronically for this race season by all participants, mechanics, and volunteers – if you are going to be on the grid at all this season you must complete a waiver! We will not be accepting any paper waivers.
Annual waivers can be completed at https://waterloorkc.speedwaiver.com/nigjl
Please be sure to complete this waiver and bring a screenshot of the confirmation to the track each race day. We will be checking that waivers are completed at registration each morning and handing out wrist bands to drivers, mechanics, and volunteers that have completed the waiver.
We will be checking wrist bands to ensure that anyone who is on the grid or track has completed a waiver and entering the grid without signing the waiver will have repercussions.
Important housekeeping items…
- Pre-Tech form: the pre tech form has updated for 2022 and posted on WRKC website under documents, please make sure you print some off and hand in each event prior to going on track.
- Registration: Registration on a regular race day will open at 7am. At this time, we will be only accepting cash or cheque at registration. Registration fees: $65.00 for a registered member, $85.00 non-members
- Top 5 Drivers must go straight to Tech after scaling their Kart
- Covid 19 Update: Wearing of masks is not mandatory, but we ask all participants to respect those that choose to do so.
- Volunteer Policy: WRKC is a non-profit and completely run by volunteers. We rely on our members to help with all areas of running a race day, this is from track set up to track tear down. With volunteers helping this allows us to keep are race day fee’s considerably lower than any other track in Ontario. We will be enforcing rule 14.8 this year as noted below. See website for our complete 2022 Rule book under the document tab. 14.8 Volunteering: It is the responsibility of the drivers and/or family members (for drivers under the age of 12) to volunteer for 15 minutes assisting in the weekly tasks required to operate a race day. One class will be selected weekly for mandatory participation (i.e. Track clean-up). Failure to comply may result in a 10-point penalty. Regrettably the WRKC Board of Directors find themselves in a position that they are going to have to start taking more action to enforce this rule.
- A class may be picked and a roll call conducted to ensure all drivers are at the drivers meeting. FAILURE TO ATTEND THE DRIVERS MEETINGS WILL RESULT IN THE DRIVER STARTING FROM THE BACK OF THE GRID FOR THE NEXT 2 HEATS (RULE 4.10).
Section 8 of the rule book deals with protests. Protests in general can be broken down into 3 categories, technical protests, competition infractions, and penalties resulting from issues arising from violations of the spirit and intent rules. In all cases a protest must be filed with any of the following: Race Director, Pit Steward, or Chief Scorer. To ensure your protest is dealt within the time frames required don’t delay and don’t leave it with any other officials other the three listed.
The timing for filing a protest is critical if you find yourself in a position to use the process make sure you understand when a protest needs to be filed. This is to ensure that any parties that are required to adjudicate the process, or those who have knowledge of the matter, can be involved. This is critical to insure a fair decision is made for all concerned.
Protests must be filed before the next round of heats are started. If the protest relates to something that happened in the final heats of the day the process must be filed 30 after the results are posted. Protests that are non-technical will be handled before the next round of heats. Technical protests will be conducted at the end of the day.
All protests must be accompanied by the protest fees as stated in rule 8.4. A rule violation (non-technical) is $100.00 and a Technical violation protest is $200.00.
With regards to Post Race Technical Inspections a protest will fall into 1of 3 of levels which are defined in detail in section 8. A summary of the levels is as follows:
Level 1 protest are for any issues arising from a post race inspection. They should be brought to the attention of the Head Technical Delegate. If they find the issue is a violation of the rules they will issue a notice of infraction (verbal or written). The competitor can protest this decision. This will elevate the protest to a level 2 process. The protest must be filed at the track and before post race tech results are declared as official.
Level 2 protests are for issues that can’t be resolved between the technical inspectors and competitors. In this case the matter will be decided on by members of the club executive board.
They will review the situation and discuss it with any parties that they feel will help them make a final decision. Level 2 protest have to be made at the track and prior to the tech results being declared as official. The rule book is very clear in stating that no exceptions to this will be allowed. Every effort is made to consider and deliver a decision on the protest at the track, however in some rare cases where the tech volunteers or race officials aren’t able to stay they may be held over to be dealt with as soon as possible.
If a level 2 process can’t be decided by the executive members present it will be elevated to a level 3 protest. Level 3 protests will be dealt with at the next scheduled board meeting. The board of directors will discuss the protest and the final decision will be determined by a vote of the board members present. The matter is considered complete and binding at that time.
To facilitate the process of filing a protest a form is available on the WRKC website. Copies of the form may be available at the track in the container. Most competitors will never need the form, but as time is of the essence having a copy at the track will help with the process if the need arises.
Note: The above is a summary of the rule. The WRKC 2022 rule book should be consulted if you have any questions regarding the rule or require more information.
Minimum Weight and Restrictor Specifications.
Cadet: .285″ slide Opening/.350 Plate (Honda 5.5) Kart & Driver Weight 225
Novice: Red slide/.500 Plate (Honda 5.5) Kart & Driver Weight Briggs 245, Honda 235
Jr. Lite: Blue slide/ no rest (Honda 5.5) Kart & Driver Weight 265
Jr. Heavy: Yellow slide/no rest (Honda 5.5) Kart & Driver Weight 300 Briggs, Honda 275
Sr. Medium: Black slide/no rest (Honda 6.5) Kart & Driver Weight 340 Briggs, Honda 360
Masters: Black Slide/no rest (Honda 6.5) Kart & Driver Weight 375 Briggs, Honda 385
1. All Weights are shown in imperial pounds
2. The above is provided for information only, the WRKC 2022 Rule Book will always take precedence to any other printed/posted information.
- Race Day #8 July 23rd 2022
- Race Day #9 August 20th 2022
- Race Day #10 August 27th 2022
Thank you to our 2022 sponsors!
Thank you to our new and returning sponsors for their generous contributions to the club.
Cadet Collison Racing
Novice Touchwood Cabinets
Jr. Light Walker Machinery
Jr. Heavy Network Sewer and Watermain
Sr. Medium Expressway Trucks
Masters Flamboro Machine Shop
Race day sponsors:
Network Sewer and Watermain
Kittys Ice Cream Garage
Platinum Karts and Parts
Wow 1 Day Painting
Invisible Fence K/W
Go Hot Water.ca
T. Weber Paving