Novice (Track clean up after Races)
Jr. Heavy (Track Setup)
Note Regarding Spec Gas for Race 1
With the Esso Station Closed for Renovations: Fuel must be purchased at the Petro Canada located at Hwy. 6 & Millgrove Side Road
Race Day Sponsor
Reliance Precision has been providing precision machined and fabricated components to a wide range of industries since 2001. We perform prototype and production CNC machining, as well as Mig and Tig welding in a variety of materials from steels and aluminum to plastics and super alloys. These are just some of the process we utilize to provide our clients with quality components and assemblies. Long term relationships with many outside vendors allow us to offer complete projects start to finish. Right from concept and design, through machining, fabricating heat treatment and surface finishing such as anodizing, black oxide, zinc plating and powder coating, Reliance Precision can provide products ready to ship to the end user.
We have extensive experience in OEM automotive assembly tooling and have developed a number of product quality and tooling reliability products for an ever more demanding global marketplace. Utilizing the latest in CNC machining technology and software, Reliance Precision supplies an endless array of specialty hardware, weldments, factory equipment, and specialty machinery to a wide range of industries such as automotive, health care, defense, packaging and consumer goods manufacturers.
Make sure to complete your waiver before coming to the track!
Waivers must be completed electronically for this race season by all participants, mechanics, and volunteers – if you are going to be on the grid at all this season you must complete a waiver! We will not be accepting any paper waivers.
Annual waivers can be completed at https://waterloorkc.speedwaiver.com/nigjl
Please be sure to complete this waiver and bring a screenshot of the confirmation to the track each race day. We will be checking that waivers are completed at registration each morning and handing out wrist bands to drivers, mechanics, and volunteers that have completed the waiver.
We will be checking wrist bands to ensure that anyone who is on the grid or track has completed a waiver and entering the grid without signing the waiver will have repercussions.
Important housekeeping items…
- Pre-Tech form: the pre tech form has updated for 2022 and posted on WRKC website under documents, please make sure you print some off and hand in each event prior to going on track.
- Registration: Registration on a regular race day will open at 7am. At this time, we will be only accepting cash or cheque at registration. Registration fees: $65.00 for a registered member, $85.00 non-members
- Top 5 Drivers must go straight to Tech after scaling their Kart
- Covid 19 Update: Wearing of masks is not mandatory, but we ask all participants to respect those that choose to do so.
- Volunteer Policy: WRKC is a non-profit and completely run by volunteers. We rely on our members to help with all areas of running a race day, this is from track set up to track tear down. With volunteers helping this allows us to keep are race day fee’s considerably lower than any other track in Ontario. We will be enforcing rule 14.8 this year as noted below. See website for our complete 2022 Rule book under the document tab. 14.8 Volunteering: It is the responsibility of the drivers and/or family members (for drivers under the age of 12) to volunteer for 15 minutes assisting in the weekly tasks required to operate a race day. One class will be selected weekly for mandatory participation (i.e. Track clean-up). Failure to comply may result in a 10-point penalty.
Welcome to all New and Returning Members
Welcome back to all returning WRKC members, and welcome to Race Day 1 for all new members. The start of the season is always an exciting time. For all returning WRKC members we are sure that you all remember how stressful the first race day can be. We ask that you keep your eyes open for new members that may look like they could use a little help. If you have a new club member or visitor pitting close to your pit area please help them keep track of what classes are up next and where we are at with the race day. It happens every year that new members miss one or more sessions. Let’s see if this year we can ensure no one misses a session because the last track of when their class was on the track.
For new members and visitors announcements are made through out the day stating what class is up next, and what class is on pre-grid using the clubs public address system (the announcements can be received on any am/fm radio, the frequency is posted at the container). You should have your kart, and driver ready to go on the track, at the grid, when your class is on pre-grid. When you hear the class before yours called to be on pre-grid that is the time to start making your way to the grid area to ensure you don’t miss your session. The most important think we can’t stress enough is the club is fortunate to have a lot of very experienced members, and takes great pride in a long track record of help new racers. If you have any questions please make sure you ask any club member for help. If they don’t have an answer they will be able to get you connected with someone who does. ENJOY YOUR RACE DAY.
Note: Not only is it the first race day for the drivers and crew it’s also the first race for many of our volunteers, a quick thanks for helping out goes along way to make their day more enjoyable and make them want to come back for the next race day. With new people in many key roles it is to be expected there will be some hiccups as the day goes on, the best way to minimize them is to offer to help where you can.
Assigned / Prepaid parking:
The club is offering prepaid parking for WRKC events, (the Kart Stars and Oktoberfest event are excluded)
This will be on a first come first served basis, more information is available at: [email protected]
Minimum Weight and Restrictor Specifications.
Cadet: .285″ slide Opening/.350 Plate (Honda 5.5) Kart & Driver Weight 225
Novice: Red slide/.500 Plate (Honda 5.5) Kart & Driver Weight Briggs 245, Honda 235
Jr. Lite: Blue slide/ no rest (Honda 5.5) Kart & Driver Weight 265
Jr. Heavy: Yellow slide/no rest (Honda 5.5) Kart & Driver Weight 300 Briggs, Honda 275
Sr. Medium: Black slide/no rest (Honda 6.5) Kart & Driver Weight 340 Briggs, Honda 360
Masters: Black Slide/no rest (Honda 6.5) Kart & Driver Weight 375 Briggs, Honda 385
1. All Weights are shown in imperial pounds
2. The above is provided for information only, the WRKC 2022 Rule Book will always take precedence to any other printed/posted information.
Race Day #2 May 28th, 2022 Standard Track configuration (CCW)
Race Day #3 June 11th, 2022 Standard Track Configuration (CW Backwards Configuration)
Thank you to our 2022 sponsors!
Thank you to our new and returning sponsors for their generous contributions to the club.
Cadet Collison Racing
Novice Touchwood Cabinets
Jr. Light Walker Machinery
Jr. Heavy Network Sewer and Watermain
Sr. Medium Expressway Trucks
Masters Flamboro Machine Shop
Race day sponsors:
Network Sewer and Watermain
Kittys Ice Cream Garage
Platinum Karts and Parts
Wow 1 Day Painting
Invisible Fence K/W
Go Hot Water.ca
T. Weber Paving