Race #3 – Friday July 16
Yes, it’s our annual night race and the timing couldn’t be better, we are also entering Stage 3 of reopening meaning….welcome back race fans ! We are excited to welcome back spectators to our night race, looking forward to seeing some past members and sponsors come out to see a great show .
We would like to thank our race day sponsor Techno Metal Post – Hamilton Durham for their continued support in our club.
Pioneers in the industry with over 25 years of experience, Techno Metal Post was one of the first companies in the GTA to supply and install helical piles.
Today, Techno Metal Post Hamilton-Durham Inc. covers territories in and around the Greater Toronto Hamilton Area including Durham, York (excluding Newmarket-Aurora), Peel, Halton, Hamilton, Guelph, and Cambridge. See below to explore the full list of our service areas in and around the GTA corridor.
WHAT WE’RE ALL ABOUT
The engineered technology behind our helical piles ensures that they won’t heave or settle and are government approved, but It’s our authentic, transparent approach when working with customers that really sets us apart. Outstanding customer experience is everything to us and the basis of our core values, which are:
- Optimism when facing challenges
- Pride in a job well done
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
We work with homeowners directly as well as general contractors, residential and commercial construction companies and even municipalities to provide quick, turnkey foundation solutions that exceed expectations. With every customer we make it a point to be professional, on time and available —which means we answer our phones! We believe in simplicity, taking action, and speaking honestly with customers at every interaction.
Each year we install over 10,000 helical piles and complete more than 1,000 projects, including:
- Sunrooms and additions
- Grade beams
- Deep foundations
- Commercial and industrial
These are just a few of the structural support projects that have benefited from our helical piles. Browse our case studies and testimonials to learn more.
Completing so many jobs over the years means that we’ve seen unexpected problems or issues arise. When our team encounters a problem, we take accountability and go out of our way to provide a sound solution as quickly as possible. The result is a smooth customer experience and well-built project that will last the test of time, every time. Check out our gallery to see our work for yourself!
Night Race Reminders
Printable Race Order – As this is our annual Friday night race, please note updated start times for registration, practice. We will be adjusting our normal order and running the classes through in age order to ensure the youngest are done first.
2:30pm – Gates Open – Due insurance restrictions, there will be NO PRACTICING FRIDAY PRIOR TO OUR EVENT
4:30pm – Registration – Remains open until 5:30pm Track Setup Attention EVERYONE
5:30pm Drivers meeting 5:45pm Single Extended Practice
6:45pm Qualifying – Kart number order – high to low lineup
Pre-Final Final -Tech & track tear down attention EVERYONE COME OUT AND HELP -Trophies
We will be moving very quickly through the running order and we will do our best to keep the announcements flowing. Again, please leave the first 4 pit stalls next to the tech area open for our Race Day Sponsor and our Tech lead.
Items to Note:
- There will be no practice Friday July 16th prior to the start of WRKC’s official race day. Anyone found to be in violation of this rule will face consequences (ie: exclusion from the event).
- Absolutely no lights or glow sticks of any kind are allowed to be installed on the kart or driver while they are on the track. We encourage members to have fun with light-up spirit wear in the pits but please leave it off of the track.
- Remember to get your clear visor for your helmet ready – we recommend all drivers use them for racing at night.
- No drafting is permitted in qualifying.
· Part of what makes Waterloo Regional Kart Club such a great place to race is that it is 100% volunteer-run. With this in mind, please remember to lend a helping hand and thank a volunteer this weekend. We will need all of our members to pitch in with track set-up and clean-up so we can stay on schedule.
Important Notes!!Please continue to be respectful of others by giving people space to socially distance and wear masks when distance is not possible (washrooms, podium, grid, etc).
Revised Procedures, Waivers & FormsWe would also highlight some of the changes to our normal race day structure.
- Please park in every other pit pad to assist with physical distancing
- Parking Map
- Yearly waivers for driver and race team – Please sign and submit a one time waiver that will cover the full 2021 race year and hand in to registration. This includes the full family/crew on site. Please write kart # and class at the top of the sheet.
- Member Waivers
- Minor Waiver
The Pre-Tech form is available for download. Limited copies will be available at the registration bin. You must complete a new pre-tech form each race day and submit to the pre-tech pit stall (located across from the registration bin)
Revised Parking Procedures
Please make note of the revised parking map that can be found below. Parking must be done this way until further notice!
Please note, if all personal vehicles could park outside the pit gate. This will help minimize the congestion in the pit area.
Click on image below to download/print a larger version.
SPEC GAS STATION *** 91 OCTANE ONLY ***The ESSO station located on the North side of hwy 5 approximately 2 KM east of Hwy 8 & Hwy 5 intersection. To return to the track proceed North on either Westover Rd. or Middletown Rd. to 5th Concession Rd and then turn right (east)
Entry fees – $65.00 per registered WRKC member, $85.00 per non