- Attention all Briggs Racers !Posted 1 day ago
- Race #9 – Night Race July 20thPosted 1 day ago
- kartSTART coming to Flamboro SpeedwayPosted 1 week ago
- Race #6 – To Be RescheduledPosted 4 weeks ago
- Race Report – Race #4Posted 1 month ago
- CKN Summer Tour SpecialPosted 2 months ago
- Track Rental GuidelinesPosted 3 months ago
- WRKC Kicks off their 2018 SeasonPosted 3 months ago
- RESULTS: WRKC AGM and Executive ElectionPosted 6 months ago
- 2017 BanquetPosted 8 months ago
2018 Spring Update
Since winter is deciding to stay a little longer this year the track is not ready for any on track activity. The owners and operators have asked us to let everyone know that until at least April 21/18 the track will be closed and everyone please respect this request.
We will be looking for some helping hands to assist with track cleanup day starting at 9:00am on Saturday, April 21st. We are assembling a list of jobs to be completed and equipment required to complete these tasks. Further details will be sent out to members in an upcoming email.
2018 Driver Training – Saturday April 28th
Driver training is for ALL first and second year members only. We are looking for 2 more 2nd year families to partner with some kids (ages 7, 10) that have no equipment of their own and would like to ‘test their racing dream’. Please contact Christine Dryden if you are interested in mentoring a potential new member for the day, it would be GREATLY appreciated and show to our new members what this club is about. We will be contacting all racers eligible for Driver training day through an email in mid April.
The tentative schedule for driver training day sponsored by Flamboro Speedway
$40.00 per driver
8:00am-9:00am Registration and Pre-tech (blue bin along the grandstands)
9:15 – 12:00 Rotation covering the following items
- Safety and Review of the flags
- Walking of the track
- Kart Maintenance
- Pre-grid procedures
- Scale procedures
- Race day overview
- On track in kart sessions in small groups with experienced member leaders
12:00 Pizza/drinks for will be provided to registered families
General Practice – Sunday April 29th
General Club Practice day Sponsored by WRKC.
Cost: $40.00 per driver
8:00am Gates Open (pits side entry)
8:30am-1pm Registration Open
9:00am-2:00pm Practice Rotation in class groups ( 10 minutes sessions)
2:00pm Track cleanup
Thanks to our WRKC Volunteers
Many of our WRKC family and friends assisted at the display booth at the Motorama Show this year. Thank you for taking the time to promote the club at this great local event.